Saturday, May 22, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!

James surprised me with an impromptu date night Friday, he is so sweet ;) This was a very casual date, which is probably my favorite kind! Now, if you know me, you know how much I LOVE to get dressed up and eat at my fav's, however, there is something about not worrying about what your wearing, not worrying about reservations, just throwing something on and enjoying eachother, without all the fluff :) We went to Cheddar's for dinner (where I had THE BEST portabello mushroom sandwich!) Then we headed to an Astro's game (they won!!) and ended the night with Starbucks (another one of my fav's). I absolutely love my date nights with James, he is such an amazing husband and is definitely my best friend, I always enjoy spending time with him. Here are a few pics from last night...








A few weeks ago, someone had said they didn't know what date nights were anymore. They hadn't had one in so long they honestly couldn't remember when they had spent alone time together. This made me really sad. While I do understand a busy schedule, and trust me, I really do understand! It made me think about marriages/relationships, and the fact that we become complacent, we become too comfortable and sometimes take advantage of these relationships. It is so important to not become so comfortable that we forget to spend quality time with eachother. This can greatly strengthen your marriage as well as teach your children the importance of fostering relationships. I do understand that we are in difficult economic times, if you really can't afford a date night, have a date night in! When James and I lived in San Antonio, and didn't really have a sitter, we would do this often. We would wait until the kids went to bed, and would cook a dinner for ourselves (together), set the table (white table cloth, candles etc.) and just enjoy eachother. There were a few times we would get a sleepy child sneaking down the stairs, but it was ok ;) Usually though, it really felt like we were on a date and with no closing time to worry about! Take the time to spend quality time with your spouse, whether it be a fancy date, a casual date, a picnic, a quick lunch date, or a date night in, it will be incredibly beneficial for your marriage, yourself and your children.

"These three remain: Faith, Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love."

1 Corinthians 13:13



No comments:

Post a Comment