Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yes Lord, I Hear You Loud and Clear!!

Ever have one of those moments? The kind where you KNOW God is speaking to YOU! Well, I had one of those moments on Monday at my last MOPS meeting of the year *sigh* I won't be going back next year, as I will be a full time teacher, very sad, I love MOPS!! Anyhow, I guess I have to explain the background story before I tell you how God spoke to me. There is a woman that I have frequent contact with, and she is very pushy, loud and can be downright rude! She has offended me on more than one occasion, and not only me, but many of those around her, including a good friend of mine (at least I have someone else that understands!). I don't want to go into too much detail, simply because, I just don't need to, I need to bite my tongue! This is a very difficult thing to do at times. Especially when you have tried consistently to let it go, to be kind and understanding, but then it comes back to bite you in the behind! You can only take so much before certain emotions take over, you know? Well, during our MOPS meeting, our guest speaker for the day spoke about certain people that are in your life that can make you feel this way, angry, frustrated, annoyed, hurt etc. She went into detail about things they can do or say to you that make you harbor negative feelings towards them. Everything she said was specific to MY situation. The way this person acts, the way they make me feel, etc. The speaker then had us write down the initials of this 'person' on a tag, we were instructed to tie the tag to our purse/bag or self. I tied mine to the inside of my purse (as I mentioned before, I see this person often!) Our guest speaker told us that even in these types of situations we must step back and not let our emotions take control. We need to honor God by taking control of our feelings and the way we act towards these people. We need to not harbor anger, but pray for this person. The tag is to serve as a reminder to pray for this particular person and to remember that we are all forgiven.

Now, within the last few weeks, I had become increasingly annoyed with the 'person' and had expressed some feelings towards it. I knew that I was allowing myself to become angry and probably somewhat bitter. I prayed about it and asked God to show me the good in that person, to grant me with restraint, understanding and patience. When I heard the message from our guest speaker, I knew God was speaking to me. It was what I needed to hear in order to really let go and let God! While I will never be best friends with this person ;) I won't harbor such strong negative feelings towards them, I will be more patient and I will let things go. I will remember that we ALL fall short of his glory. Most importantly, I will pray for this person, and I will pray often. God speaks to us in all different ways, and it is up to us to LISTEN, it is up to us to HEAR him, and it is up to us to UNDERSTAND him.

Enjoy your day everyone! I will be posting later with pics of Lexi's last Brownie meeting of the year, which is this afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Girl you so rock. HAppy to call you my friend! And on a lighter note, I better not be that annoying person! haha

    ReplyDelete